November 25, 2017 Comments Off on Unthanksgiving Day
Sometimes the mood overtakes me and I make a list of things I’m grateful for. I usually post it on Thanksgiving Day. But other times a different mood overtakes me and I make a list of things I’m ungrateful for. I keep that list to myself.
But not today!
- I’m very ungrateful for the shabby state of our democracy, led by a bully with a yeast infection where his brain should be.
- Super ungrateful for not winning the Latigo Hillclimb by a lot of minutes.
- I’m way ungrateful for the people who designed Chinese, which is basically unlearnable, at least by me, despite hundreds of hours and thousands of wasted dollars.
- My ungratefulness knows no bounds when it comes to the lady who sat in front of me on the way to Austria, demanding that the flight attendant remove the lady who had a crying baby. Remove him to where, lady? We’re in a fucking airplane.
- Lots o’ ungratefulness when I reflect on the Lunada Bay Boy on Mom’s Couch who tried to run over my wife while she was descending Via del Monte this morning.
- I am ungrateful for global warming. It’s not “climate change,” asshole, it’s “we’ve turned earth into a boiling cauldron and we’re all stuck in the middle of it.”
- Ungrateful for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and all sales of every kind, everywhere.
- I am decidedly unthankful for the NRA and the whackjob gun lobby. I don’t like your fake rendition of the 2nd Amendment and all the dead people that result from it, like the lady today who was “mistaken” for a deer while walking her dog and killed.
- Big unthankfulness over here in the cheap seats for TV.
- No thanks whatsoever for drivers who endanger cyclists, injure and kill them, and prevent the spread of more bicycling for more people in more places.
- Huge helping of thanklessness for everyone who didn’t vote and is now “outraged” by the composition of the judiciary, Congress, and the executive branch.
- Not feeling much gratitude right this minute for “pro” bike teams that don’t pay their women racers. A lot.
- Zero mindfulness/thankfulness/appreciation for Serfas, who, although they keep replacing them for free, also keep sending me tail lights that don’t last very long.
- I am hereby ungrateful for doctors who overprescribe antibiotics. And opioids.
- Ungrateful, here and now, for getting weaker and slower every year. But nominally pleased not to have yet been served with the alternative.
- Unappreciative of #socmed and all the YEARS that I donated to #facebag, #stravver, and #thetwitter.
- Not very happy about the thorn in my front tire that I didn’t find until it resulted in two flats.
- And of course I’m ungrateful for Merkel’s failure to form a governing coalition. Adios, world’s last functioning social democracy.
- Okay, I ran out at 18, so I’ll finish it with the one thing I’m daily grateful for: Being alive in this amazing world … defects notwithstanding, it’s a great place to be!
For $2.99 per month you can subscribe to this blog and pay to support what you might otherwise take for free. Click here and select the “subscribe” link in the upper right-hand corner. Thank you!